July 9, 2013
All dog owners love to reward their pups with treats, whether it is praise for good behavior or simply because the dog is loved. We of course recommend giving your pup Nubonubs, our specially formulated dog treats that contain none of the corn, wheat, fillers or chemical preservatives you would normally find in most over the counter treats. To add a little variety for your pooch, we also suggest this great homemade recipe, sure to thrill your pooch without packing on the pounds. Your wallet will thank you too!
Easy Peanut Butter Homemade Dog Treats
1 cup flour (you can use whole wheat or all-purpose)
2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease a baking sheet (or two).
2. Put the peanut butter in a medium-large microwave safe bowl and warm for about 45 seconds. It should end up very easy to mix with the other ingredients.
3. Add the cereal, flour, eggs and oil to the softened peanut butter and mix well.
4. Roll a teaspoon of dough between your palms until a ball forms.
5. Place the dough balls on your lightly greased baking sheets.
6. Flatten the dough balls with a fork or finger before baking.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
(Recipe courtesy of DogTreatRecipes.org)